Mr. Vogt retired as a Fifth Grade Teacher at Rockford Middle School
He retired in Spring, 2016
Photos: Left photo taken this school year, right photo taken in 1993
Learn more about Mr. Vogt!
1) Where did you grow up?
On a dairy farm in Central Minnesota
2) What High School did you graduate from?
Sauk Centre, MN
3) Where did you attend college?
Willmar Junior College, then St. Cloud State University.
4) Did you always want to be a teacher?
No, hadn’t really considered it until I was thirty years old or so.
I was working in my own business when I had the opportunity to do some coaching. I really enjoyed it, sold my business, and went back to school to get my teaching degree.
5) How many years have you been a teacher?
Twenty-eight years at Rockford Area Schools.
Wife Carla, and two sons, Carter and Tucker.
7) What grade(s) have you taught through out your career?
Fifth grade my entire career. Coached at the high school and middle school level.
8) What do you look most forward to everyday at Rockford?
The uniqueness of it, every day is different. Good colleagues to work with and wonderful kids to teach.
9) What is one of your most memorable moments as a teacher?
Probably coaching Rockford’s first state champion. (1997, Wrestling)
10) What advice would you give a brand new teacher?
Ask a lot of questions of your colleagues, be yourself, and expect a lot from the students and yourself. Also, be really good to the secretaries and custodians, you will always need favors from them. And, discipline is not a bad word.
11) What will you miss most about teaching in Rockford?
The staff, students, and parents. Also, seeing past students and athletes.
12) What are your plans when you retire?
Hunt, fish, travel, a little farming, a lot of reading, some warmer weather in the winter, maybe a part-time job.